Students who wish to participate in a study abroad or exchange student program will be expected to meet the following requirements:
- Undertake a program of studies equivalent to a minimum of six credits.
- Enroll in courses abroad to parallel the required courses established by the District for graduation (If English is not available, the language of the country may be substituted.).
- Provide a transcript of grades from the foreign school for review by the home school staff. Determination of credits satisfactorily completed cannot be made until the transcript is received.
- Have satisfactorily completed the competency requirements of the District.
- Bear all costs of travel and education while abroad.
- Notify the District by January 31 of intent to participate in graduation.
- Recognize that in the event of returning to the home school during the year, difficulties may exist in reentering a full-time program of study.
- Realize that course work abroad will not be calculated for GPA and class rank.