Cleaning instructions for Chromebooks, iPads, and MacBooks
- Turn off the device.
- Wet a microfiber cloth with clean, room temperature water. Damp disinfecting wipes may also be used. However, please make sure to wring out cloths and wipes so they are not dripping.
- Wipe the screen, trackpad, keyboard, and case to remove dirt and germs.
- Leave the laptop alone until any residual moisture has evaporated.
- DO rinse your clean cloth regularly
- DO clean the top, bottom, screen, trackpad, and keyboard
- DON’T use a dripping-wet cloth. Any water that runs into the gap between the screen and where the edge of the computer meets, or in the keyboard area can potentially damage the computer.
- DON'T spray water or cleaner directly on the computer or power supply.
Device Care Student Lessons
At the beginning of the school year, students engage with custom created lessons designed to help reinforce proper device use, care, and responsibility. Videos included in these lessons, along with other helpful information for students and parents can be found on our Instructional Technology Help Center website.