We are pleased to present the summer academy offerings for the 2021-2022 school year. While browsing through the booklet, please notice the arrangement of academies by areas of focus:
- Curricular Support/Job Performance
- Health & Wellness
The principle behind developing the “Support Learning Opportunities” booklet is to offer you sessions that will best suit your needs and allow you to have a flexible schedule. This summer, we are pleased to have more face-to-face opportunities for staff to learn and collaborate with colleagues. We continue to utilize Schoology for our online professional learning platform. Schoology is integrated with our Google logins, so you will not need a special account to get access to these courses. Schoology courses will open June 13 and close on August 22 (see Frontline description for course access codes).
All support staff are highly encouraged to participate in any workshop offered by PaTTAN, CAIU, colleges and universities, as well as professional organizations, such as PAEOP, PASBO, and other reputable organizations. Please work with your supervisors for approval.
The session(s) you plan to attend should come close to the length of your regular workday. We continue to grant a half-hour leeway. For example, a 7.5-hour employee can take a combination of sessions to equal 7 hours. Support staff who are not paid on a year-round basis, will be paid for their summer academy hours. You may personally choose to attend as many sessions as you like that are of interest, but will not receive monetary reimbursement for those, unless otherwise indicated. Additionally, credit will not be extended for workshops previously attended (does not apply to CPR or Safe Crisis Management).
Please follow the information below for completing your selection(s):
- Once you have determined which session(s) you would like to attend, please use Frontline to register. Instructions for signing up in Frontline are in this booklet.
- Special Education paraprofessionals should take sessions that count towards their Special Education 20-hour requirement from PDE. Each year, the District provides special education paraprofessionals 20 hours of professional development related to their jobs between July 1 and June 30 of the following year. If you need hours to count toward the Special Education 20-hour requirement for the 2021-2022 school year, please complete your summer academy prior to June 30. If you need hours to count toward the Special Education 20-hour requirement for the 2022-2023 school year, please complete workshops that begin on or after July 1.
- Hourly employees will complete a supplemental timesheet for the session he/she attends and return it to their immediate supervisor for signature. You will NOT be logging your hours in Frontline Time and Attendance. Blank timesheets for summer sessions will be shared with principals and building secretaries. After your supervisor signs the timesheet, please send it to Lisa Hicks at ACE.
- You must complete the evaluation associated with the activity and also “Mark Complete” the activity within Frontline. This allows you the opportunity to provide feedback regarding workshops and online courses.
- If you receive a certificate or other evidence of completion of a course, please upload this to your File Library in Frontline Professional Growth, and notify Lisa Hicks ([email protected]) upon completion.
We hope that you find these learning opportunities meaningful and that you will be able to integrate new learning into your role.