We are pleased to present the summer academy offerings for the 2021-2022 school year. While browsing through the booklet, please notice the arrangement of academies by areas of focus:
- Curricular Support/Job Performance
- Health & Wellness
The principle behind developing the “Support Learning Opportunities” booklet is to offer you sessions that will best suit your needs and allow you to have a flexible schedule.
We continue to utilize Schoology for our online professional learning. Schoology provides an easier-to-use interface and mirrors what some of you are already doing with students. While it is “new” to some, we have created an easy to understand guide to help you sign up for, and get into, your course of choice. You will be able to access Schoology codes on the support staff website by June 1, as well as a screen cast video showing you how to navigate the platform. Schoology is integrated with our Google logins, so you will not need a special account to get access to these courses. Schoology courses will open June 14 and close on August 20.
All support staff are highly encouraged to participate in any workshops offered by PaTTAN, CAIU, or colleges and universities.
The session(s) you are planning to attend should come close to the length of your regular workday. We continue to grant a half-hour leeway. For example, a 7.5-hour employee can take a combination of sessions to equal 7 hours. If it is challenging for some of you to equal the number of hours you need to fulfill summer professional development because of the timing of the workshops, please choose two (2) or three (3) sessions that best fit your professional needs rather than trying to be within the half-hour. These sessions should still come close to the hours you need. You may personally choose to attend longer sessions but will not receive monetary reimbursement for those, unless otherwise indicated. Additionally, credit will not be extended for workshops previously attended (does not apply to Safe Crisis Management).
Please follow the information below for completing your selection(s):
- Once you have determined which session(s) you would like to attend, please use Frontline to register. Instructions for signing up in Frontline is in the booklet.
- Special Education paraprofessionals should take sessions that count towards their Special Education 20-hour requirement from PDE. Each year, the District provides special education paraprofessionals 20 hours of professional development related to their jobs between July 1 and June 30 of the following year. If you need hours to count toward the Special Education 20-hour requirement for the 2020-2021 school year, please complete your workshop online prior to June 30. If you need hours to count toward the Special Education 20-hour requirement for the 2021-2022 school year, please complete your workshops July 1 or later.
- Hourly employees will complete a supplemental timesheet for the session he/she attends and return it to their immediate supervisor for signature. Blank timesheets for summer sessions will be shared with principals and building secretaries. After your supervisor signs the timesheet, please send it to Lisa Hicks at ACE. Year-round employees will simply note the time at an academy on their regular timesheet, as there is no need to complete a supplemental timesheet.
- You must complete an online evaluation once you complete an activity. This allows you the opportunity to provide feedback regarding workshops and online courses. The evaluation form will be available on Frontline.