- No trips can be scheduled for departure from 6:30 a.m. until 8:45 a.m. and return trips must be back at the building by 2:30 p.m.
- Evening trips can be scheduled after 4:15 p.m. or a 4:30 p.m. return for an all-day event. This will ensure we can get students to and from school.
- Requests must be submitted within 7 days prior to the trip or they will automatically be denied.
Guidelines for Athletic Trips
Guidelines for Field Trips
- Fall trips are due in the system by the second week in August
- Winter trips are due in the system by second week in October
- Spring trips are due in the system by the second week of January
- Long distance trips will require the driver to stay at the event and will include an hourly charge for the length of stay.
- Two teams may travel together if there is room on the bus and the destination is the same. First Student will charge a flat rate.
- All sport changes will be done thru AD secretary.
- It would be helpful and is suggested, that teachers make all requests for transportation at the start of school in August. This allows Transportation to plan ahead.
- If it is not possible to schedule at the beginning of the year, field trip requests must be submitted 7 days in advance so principals have time to approve it and Transportation has time to assign a vehicle.
- All boxes on the request are required to be completed. Failure to do so will delay approval of the request and may result in denial.
- Under General Info please check the box if the driver is to wait (Bus Waits).
- Field trips must be scheduled outside the normal time frame of transporting students to and from school. Field trips may depart any time after 8:45 a.m. and return any time prior to 2:00 p.m. This will ensure your trip does not interrupt the normal bus schedules. Requests for field trips starting before 8:45 a.m. and returning after 2:00 p.m. will not be honored.
- Each bus can hold 54 students which is 2 to a seat.
- Requests paid for from sources outside the building’s fiscal budget must be paid before the end of the fiscal year. Checks should be made payable to: West Shore School District.