Grab and Go
- Beginning on January 29, 2021, Hillside Elementary School will be providing weekend meals as part of Friday’s Grab and Go opportunity.
Free and Reduced Meal Applications
No family is required to complete applications for free meals this year. However, if your family is struggling financially, we ask you to complete the application anyway.
When applications are approved, families may become eligible for future Pennsylvania Electronic Benefit Transfer assistance from the state.
Approved applications from this year, also allow for 30 days of carryover approval at the beginning of next school year, when we anticipate needing to charge for school meals again.
The District uses approved free and reduced meal applications when determining how to distribute Title I funds the following school year. So, this year’s application helps the District for next year.
You may wish to apply for free or reduced price school meals online by going to the COMPASS website at www.compass.state.pa.us
or you can complete and submit a paper application
to the District.
- Walking Nachos on February 1 (All Schools)
- National Tater Tot Day on February 2 (All Schools)
- Brunch for Lunch on February 3 (Secondary Schools)
- Build Your Own Super Bowl on February 5 (Designated Grab and Go locations)
- Brunch for Lunch on February 9 (Secondary Schools)
- National Pizza Day on February 9 (All Schools)
- Brunch for Lunch on February 9 (Elementary Schools)
- Banana Split Parfait on February 10 and 11 (Secondary Schools)
- Lucky Tray Day on February 11 (Elementary Schools)
- Eat Like a President on February 12 (Designated Grab and Go locations)
- Twin Beef Hot Dogs on February 4 and February 24 (Secondary Schools)
- Pizza Day every Tuesday and Wednesday (Secondary Schools)
- Return of the daily Grill Slide (High Schools)
- Packers may purchase milk ($0.60), or they may have an entire lunch for free.
- Students may only have one free breakfast and one free lunch per day.
Grab and Go
- Hillside, Newberry, Red Mill, and Washington Heights Elementary Schools; Crossroads and Allen Middle Schools; Cedar Cliff and Red Land High Schools provide “one-day only bundles” at specified times for all children, regardless of where they live.
- Hillside, Newberry, Red Mill, and Washington Heights Elementary Schools as well as Red Land High School will provide “Weekend meal bundles” as part of Friday’s Grab and Go opportunity.
- Allen Middle School and Cedar High School provide “one-day only bundles” on Fridays.
- The most current information on “Grab and Go” is found here.
- Parents/guardians are reminded that students are eligible to receive only one “Grab and Go” meal bundle per student or younger child per day.
- Parents/guardians are reminded that they may only pick up meals for their students.
Food Service Employment Opportunities
If you are looking for part time school year work opportunities, the Food Service Department might just be the place for you. Please complete our online application
and begin working on getting your background checks
Pack and Go
- “Pack and Go” uses the same menu as “Grab and Go.”
- This is a special meal opportunity for our kindergarten students and is available for all kindergarten students whose parents/guardians sign them up.
- Parents of kindergarten students who missed the initial sign-up deadline should reach out to your school’s office if you would like your student on the daily meal list.
- Once a kindergarten student begins getting “Pack and Go” meals, the student will receive the packed meal on a daily basis.
- Parents of students who have a medical necessity for variations to the meal requirements are encouraged to have their student's medical provider complete and return the Medical Plan of Care for School Food Service to your school's office.
Student Meal Accounts
Meals this year are free. So, if your child has funds in their student meal account, that money may be used to purchase a la carte items when they are available. If a positive balance remains in June for students in grades K-11, we will automatically carry those funds over to next school year. Refunds from student meal accounts will be granted when a student graduates, leaves the District, or a special circumstance necessitates. In order to request a refund, the completed refund request form
must be returned to the food service office (PO Box 803, New Cumberland, PA 17070) by June 20.
Free lunch requirements
- Meat (or meat alternative)
While serving sizes are the same as last year, students are no longer able to double up on fruits and vegetables. Students are also eligible for free breakfasts with similar rules.