Thank you to all of the kitchen staff, secretaries, custodians, parents, and extra help who pitched in to make our annual (rescheduled) Turkey Day a memorable one for our students.
- Honey Pear Cranberry Parfait (December 14 and 19 for breakfast) – All Schools
- Turkey Carnita Bowl (December 19) – Secondary schools
- Chicken Cordon Bleu at the Grill on Fridays at the Grill – Secondary schools
- Help Food Services participate in National Pear Month
for breakfast on December 14 and 19.
- Street Eatz (high schools) – We are taking a new look at Street Eatz for December by featuring our Fry Bar all month long. Potato wedges with Buffalo Chicken, taco meat, pulled pork, cheese, lettuce, tomato, and/or jalapenos.
Returning Monthly Favorites
- Mom’s Popcorn Chicken Board (December 4)
- Crispy Chicken Drumstick (December 6)
- Boneless Wings with Sauce (December 10)
- Turkey Tuscan Flatbread (December 14-Secondary Schools)
- Bacon Grilled Cheese with Tomato Soup (December 18)
- Walking Nachos (December 20)
Chef Adam – Red Land High School (December 5) and Allen Middle School (December 18)
Look for Chef Adam’s Build Your Own Soup Bar on December 5 at Red Land High School. Keep your eyes open for some of our very own Cumberland Perry Area Vocational Technical School (CPAVTS) students working in the kitchen with Chef Adam on this special day.
Then on December 18, Chef Adam will visit Allen Middle School
with his Asian Action Station.
Lucky Tray Days (December
12) – Elementary schools
Find a special marked tray and get your
Brunch for Lunch (December 7 and 17) – All schools
- Sausage, Egg, and Cheese on English Muffin (December
- Pancakes, Sausage, and Tater Tots (December
FREE AND REDUCED PRICE
Applications for free and reduced price meals
are available on our website and may be submitted anytime during the school
year. Students of families who qualify are able to eat a free/reduced
breakfast and lunch every day. Once approved, eligibility remains in
place for the remainder of the school year.
The West Shore School District is an equal opportunity provider
and Food Services Department is always looking to add new staff members to our
substitute food service roster. Click here for more information about working for
food services. Please contact Mrs. Shaffer or Dr. Argot at 717-938-9577
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY AND
NUTRITION ADVISORY COUNCIL SEEKS MEMBERS
The District’s Physical Activity and Nutrition Advisory Council (PANAC) serves as an advisory committee regarding student health issues, periodically reviewing and recommending changes to the District’s Student Wellness Policy. PANAC also serves as a Food Services Advisory Council providing students, parents/guardians, and staff the opportunity to provide feedback on the District’s Food Services Program.
PANAC continues currently looking for students, parents, and staff who may be interested in participating on the council this year. This year's remaining are scheduled at 4:00 PM on 2/13/19, and 4/10/19 at the Administration Center for Education. Please contact Dr. Argot firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in volunteering.