The West Shore School District is an equal
opportunity provider and Food Services Department is always looking to add new
staff members to our substitute food service roster. Click here for more information about working for
food services. Please contact Ms. Shaffer or Dr. Argot at 717-938-9577 if
MAY/JUNE MENU HIGHLIGHTS
Help us celebrate National Buttermilk Biscuit (May 14) and National Hamburger (May 28) Days.
Schools will serve breakfast through June 7. The last day of lunch for middle and high schools will be on June 6. High schools will provide their last lunch of the school year on June 5.
Shortly after their final day of school, seniors will automatically receive a meal account refund request form if they have a positive account balance. Remaining funds may be transferred to younger students or (if greater than $4) refunded to the family. For graduates who do not return the refund form by June 30 and for those graduates with positive account balances $4 or under, the money will anonymously be donated to school meal accounts of those students with recognized economic challenges.
- Beef Burritos (May 1)
- Popcorn Chicken (May 3)
- Walking Nachos (May 9)
- Boneless Wings (May 17)
- Triple Dipper Tuesday (May 21)
- Twin Beef Soft Tacos (May 23)
- Mom’s Popcorn Chicken Bowl (May 31)
- Nittany Franks (May 24)
- Boneless Wings (June 3—Elementary and Middle Schools)
- Bacon Grilled Cheese (June 4—Elementary and Middle Schools)
- Beef Burritos (June 5—Elementary and Middle Schools)
- Popcorn Chicken (June 6—Elementary and Middle Schools)
- Chef’s Choice (June 3-5—High Schools)
- Regular and Specialty Pizzas (Secondary Schools Daily)
- Street Eatz (high schools) – May/June’s Street Eatz features our Nacho Bar with cheese or meat nachos and choice of toppings: lettuce, tomatoes, onion, black olives, jalapenos, salsa, and sour cream.
Lunch (May 13 and 30) – All schools
- May 13 Pancakes and Sausage
- May 30 French Toast Sticks and
Lucky Tray Day
(May 22) – Elementary schools
Find a special
marked tray and get your special prize.
Chef Adam – Crossroads Middle School (May 22)
Chef Adam’s Omelet Bar travels to Crossroads Middle School on May 22.
AND REDUCED PRICE MEALS
Applications for free and reduced price meals are available on our website and may be submitted anytime during the school year. Students of families who qualify are able to eat a free/reduced breakfast and lunch every day. Once approved, eligibility remains in place for the remainder of the school year. Getting approved now, also allows the District to provide free/reduced meals during the first 30 days of school (until your new application is processed).
FREE SUMMER MEALS
From June 17 through August 16, the West Shore School District, in partnership with Sodexo, will offer free breakfast and lunch service! No registration is needed for children up to 18 years-old, regardless of their family’s economic status or district of residence, to obtain a free breakfast and/or lunch. More information about West Shore’s summer meal program is found online.
OTHER SUMMER MEAL SITES
The Summer Food Service Program is a federally funded program operated
by the U.S. Department of Agriculture and administered in Pennsylvania by the Department
of Education. In addition to the program being offered at the West Shore School
District, other programs will be operating throughout the area. For more
information, please visit http://www.fns.usda.gov/summerfoodrocks
Families may also:
- Call 211
- Call 1.866.3Hungry or 1.877.8Hambre
- Text “MEALPA” to 877877 (standard text message charges may apply)