The District Advisory Council (DAC) to the ELD program serves to improve knowledge of broad-based ELD goals and inform administration, parents, and the community about the program.
- To review ELD programs and practices of the district.
- To provide a two-way communication between school personnel and community.
- To assist in evaluation of ELD programs.
- To encourage volunteerism in the program.
- To take full advantage of the special expertise from the various professions represented in the community.
- To help keep the Board advised of ELD issues and how well goals are met.
- To provide input on community resources and effective utilization of federal funding.