Where do I register my child for school?
West Shore School District
Administration Center for Education (ACE)
507 Fishing Creek Road, Lewisberry PA 17339How do I register my child?
Go to ACE and ask for a registration packet or download one from the District webpage
. After you complete the packet, call 717-938-9577, ext. 124. to make an appointment.
In addition to the completed registration enrollment packet, you will need to have the following at your appointment in order to register your child.
What To Bring When You Register Your Child
- Proof of child’s age: Any of the following constitutes acceptable documentation: birth certificate, baptismal certificate; copy of record of baptism-notarized or certified and showing the date of birth; notarized statement from the parents or a relative indicating the date of birth; a valid passport; a prior school record indicating the date of birth.
- Immunizations required by law: Immunization record, a written statement from the former school district or from a medical office that the required immunizations have been administered, or verbal assurances from the former school district or medical office that the required immunizations have been completed, with records to follow.
- Proof of Residency: (2 required) Acceptable documentation is a current Pennsylvania State issued driver’s license or a Pennsylvania State ID card issued by PennDOT with your current address AND a copy of the deed, lease, settlement agreement or property tax bill. A military housing letter is also acceptable for those on active duty with the armed forces.
- Government Issued Photo Identification: This is used to verify the person’s identity completing the registration.
More details on what to bring can be found on the District's Registration webpage.
- IEP/Special Education documentation: If your child has an IEP or any special education requirements, please bring that documentation with you.
I don’t speak English. What should I do?
The school district will use interpreters to help you. Please let the registration office know what language you speak.
What are the rules at my child’s school?How do I apply for free and reduced lunch?
Click the Related File below to download the Welcome Handbook. This gives you general procedures and rules for the West Shore School District.
Families may apply for the free and reduced lunch program by completing and returning an application to the school. Applications in many different languages can be found on the USDA's Food and Nutrition Services
We encourage ELD families to read the important information about our schools in this handbook. If you have any questions, please call your child’s school for more details.