We are excited to be your school guidance counselors. Mrs. Marczyk will have Grade 6 last names A-K and Grade 7. Mrs. Seaux will be the school counselor for Grade 6 last names L-Z and Grade 8. We hope through this website it so give you some helpful information and resources.
School guidance programs are a major component of the West Shore School District's commitment in meeting student needs and supporting the instructional process. Guidance services are available to all students as a part of their general educational experience. The West Shore School District Counseling Plan is aligned with the standards established by the American School Counselor Association. The standards clearly identify the services as follows:
- Individual counseling in a confidential setting.
- Group counseling for students with common needs.
- Referral to appropriate community agencies.
- Orientation to critical change points during a student's school career.
- An organized system of communication with the home.
- A coordinated and accurate system of pupil records according to the state and District policy.
- Assistance in selecting the courses and career direction most appropriate to the student's future.
- A standardized testing program for the determination of individual strengths and weaknesses.
- Collection of information that may be useful to the preparation and evaluation of District programs.
- Up-to-date information resources on careers, education, financial aid, and outside services for all students.