Social media offers a means by which the West Shore School District can quickly communicate with others, share information, and exchange ideas. In the spirit of open conversation, we encourage followers to comment on our social media pages and welcome all viewpoints; however, the West Shore School District reserves the right to remove comments that:
- Contain language, emojis, or memes that are vulgar, obscene, or inappropriate for a family environment;
- Contain threats or defamatory statements;
- Contain personal attacks or insulting statements directed toward another individual;
- Contain hate speech directed at race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion, or disability;
- Promote or endorse services or products;
- Are unrelated to the topic being discussed;
- Are repetitive or “spamming” in nature (same or similar comment/topic posted multiple times);
- Contain personally identifying, sensitive and/or private information.
These guidelines complement, but do not replace, any existing policies regarding the use of technology by students and staff (including computers, email, and the internet) currently in place.
Please note, although we monitor our social media pages, the West Shore School District is not responsible for content generated by users which may not necessarily reflect the official views of the District.