One of my favorite West Shore traditions is our first day signs and video to commemorate the start of another school year. Last year’s video featured 947 students, 87 staff members, 2 student teachers, 9 pets, and 9 future West Shore students (ie. younger siblings) and I would love to surpass that number this year.
- Print or fill your device screen with the appropriate first day sign from our website; take your first day photo on August 29; and then share your picture with your friends, family, and the District for a chance to see your smile featured in our fifth annual back-to-school video!
Submission Information - Deadline September 2 at Noon
- First day photos for the video must be emailed to [email protected]. By submitting your photo, you grant the West Shore School District permission to use your image online.
- Be sure to include your child's name and school in the email. Names will not be used in the video, but will assist in organizing submissions.
- You do not have to use one of our signs to be in the video; however, please be mindful of what personal information is available in your photo.
- Only include your own children in your photo submission.
- Photos which have been edited with filters or text overlays may be cropped or a request made for resubmission.
- Submissions received after the deadline will not be incorporated in the video.
I will send a confirmation email within 24 hours to acknowledge receipt of your photo submission. If you do not receive an email back from me, there is a chance your image was not received. Please, call me at 717-938-9577 if you do not have a confirmation email in your inbox or junk/spam folder and would like to confirm receipt. Unfortunately, once the video is finalized, photos cannot be added and I would hate to miss anyone.
The video will be posted on our website and social media sites as quickly as it can be completed. It may take a few days after the deadline depending on participation. In the meantime, videos from the past four school years can be viewed below.
Thank you in advance!
Coordinator of Community Relations