As a school district, the safety and welfare of our students, staff, and visitors to our schools and facilities is our highest priority. In order to maintain a safe environment for all members of the West Shore community, we have decided to take additional security measures at the West Shore Stadium.
Beginning on October 28, 2016, in addition to visual inspections, all guests to the West Shore Stadium will be subject to a bag check before entering the facility for football games. Following this new procedure, the District will restrict the size and type of bags permitted into the West Shore Stadium.
To expedite entry into the stadium, visitors are strongly encouraged not to bring any bags with them; however, one of the following will be permitted for each adult/child with a ticket to the event:
- One clear bag per person. No larger than 12" x 6" x 12". A one-gallon clear freezer bag (Ziploc or similar) is acceptable as meeting this requirement.
- One small clutch bag or purse no larger than 6.5" x 4.5", with or without a strap.
- Diaper bags, strollers, walkers, and other medically necessary items will be permitted following a detailed search.
- Clothing, blankets, cameras, and cell phones will be permitted if carried loosely or in an approved clear bag.
- Seat cushions will be permitted but must not exceed 18 inches wide and cannot contain pockets, zippers or concealable areas.
- There are no provisions to leave or check items at the gates. Fans will be asked to take prohibited items back to their vehicle.
- Stadium gates open 90 minutes prior to the start of each home game. Please give yourself time to park and proceed through the bag check.
We feel limiting the size and types of bags allowed into the West Shore Stadium is an important additional layer of security for our District athletes, musicians, and spectators. Thank you for your assistance and compliance with these safety procedures.