Students find success when...
- they enjoy taking control of their learning.
- they ask questions and actively engage with their teachers and the West Shore Online Learning Advisor.
- they talk with their parents/guardians about their progress, grades, and review minutes as well as course and instructor information. Elementary students have a Primary Learning Coach at home (a parent/guardian or other family member).
- they take advantage of the West Shore Cyber Learning Center when they need additional in-person support.
- they stay connected to the district and participate in district-sponsored events, clubs, sports, and events.
When is the best time for my student to join?
Students do best when they join CAOLA during key transition points in a school year. The best time to begin CAOLA is at the very beginning of a school year. When that's not possible, we highly recommend waiting until the end of the first semester or at the beginning of the next nine week marking period.
Click here to review important dates and cut-off dates recommended for a smooth transition.