We are committed to ensuring our families and staff receive timely and meaningful information related to COVID-19 so you can take appropriate measures to monitor the health and safety of yourself and your family. Following is what to expect if the West Shore School District is notified of a confirmed/presumed positive COVID-19 case by parents, staff, or the Pennsylvania Department of Health (DOH).
Case Report: Families, staff, and/or the DOH will notify the District of a confirmed/presumed positive COVID-19 test result of an individual who was present in our schools/facilities. If the report of a positive case comes from anyone other than the DOH, the District will contact the DOH to confirm/share that information.
Contact Tracing: Multiple District employees are certified contract tracers. The District will assist the DOH in contacting those identified as having been in close contact to provide advice and guidance on how to quarantine and monitor symptoms.
- Staff will provide a list of individuals who were considered to be in close contact and may have been exposed to the confirmed/presumed positive case.
- Per the CDC, close contact is determined by time (at least 15 minutes) and distance (within six feet) with OR without wearing a face mask.
Notifications: The District will notify staff and families of those attending the impacted building.
- A personal phone call will be made from school staff to families of those determined to be close contacts. Families and staff may also be notified by the DOH. Click here for additional information on what to expect if your child is quarantined.
- The school will notify all parents and staff of a confirmed/presumed positive case by email, text, and post to the school's website and as a quick link below. School-wide communication of positive cases have been limited to those that have had a direct impact on building staff and students.
- Correspondence to families and staff will include additional health/safety information that is relevant to the situation and/or recommended by the DOH.
Please note, strict confidentiality will be maintained for individuals who have tested positive. The District WILL NOT release the name or any identifying information associated with the confirmed positive COVID-19 case in compliance with state and federal laws related to privacy of healthcare information and privacy of student and employee records/information.
No Cost and Low Cost COVID-19 Testing Locations
Click here for information about no cost and low cost COVID-19 testing in our area.