We’re thrilled to announce the return of the Sodexo Future Chefs Culinary Competition!
This year’s theme is “There is No Place Like Home” and we are looking for your favorite family recipes from home prepared with a healthy twist. One lucky winner will be chosen from each elementary school to compete in the Future Chefs Culinary Competition at Allen Middle School on Wednesday, March 20, 2024 from 4-7 p.m.
In addition to the title, West Shore Future Chef, and great prizes, the winner of this event will be entered into the national Sodexo Future Chefs Competition!
Once you have your recipe decided, ingredients gathered, and preparation steps written, you are ready to enter!Contest Details
With your a parent’ or guardian's permission, enter your recipe online before the January 31 deadline
Be sure to select West Shore Schools from the District drop down options.
If you'd prefer, paper contest entry forms are also available in English and Spanish at each school in the cafeteria.
Please Note: This contest is open to West Shore School District students in grades 1-5 only. One entry per student.
Recommendations for Your Entry
- Be Original - You don’t have to be like everyone else. Consider putting a new twist on your favorite side dish to complete your plate.
- Be Daring and Creative - Avoid recipes that are too easy or too complicated and keep in mind that we love to see recipes that are different.
- Be Resourceful - This doesn’t have to be your own, original recipe. You can use an existing recipe and then alter it slightly to make it your own.
- Be Healthy - Avoid recipes with a lot of sugar or fat in them and don't forget we are looking for you to complete the plate with your favorite fruit or vegetable side dish.
At the competition on March 20, judges will consider the following 7 criteria:
- Ease of Preparation - only one student can make the recipe at the competition
- Healthy Attributes
- Kid Appeal
- Plate Presentation
- Presentation to Judges - When you present your recipe, include your name, the title of your recipe, a description of how you made your recipe flavorful, how you made it healthier, and any steps you may have taken to minimize food waste.
If you have any questions about the Future Chefs contest, please Chef Adam Eyer at [email protected]