Collections was developed to meet the increased rigor of new state standards by using topically linked, complex text to assist teachers in guiding instruction in critical analysis, vocabulary, grammar, speaking and writing. This is done through;
- Building knowledge by reading content from rich fiction, nonfiction and informational texts.
- Writing to source with tasks that require analysis, synthesis and evidence.
- Regular practice with complex text and its academic vocabulary.
- Practice in language conventions connected to the text.
- Providing modeling, scaffolding, guided practice, and independent practice through various resources.
- Multi-media approach using a blend of digital and print formats.
- Updated, current digital text available to all students, anywhere, at any time.
- Informative content through Channel One News®, Text in Focus, Stream to Start™, and HISTORY®, A&E®, and bio® videos.