The West Shore School District has a dual enrollment agreement with HACC and other colleges and universities. In this agreement, students who apply for and are accepted into such programs may obtain both high school and college credit. See your counselor for details. Courses for this program may change from year to year, so contact with the counselor is essential. A high school student may attend an approved post-secondary institution or an approved, duly licensed/accredited trade, technical, or vocational school if he/she meets the following criteria:
1. Applied and has been accepted at an approved post-secondary institution.
2. Enrolled, as a part-time student, in a minimum of two (2) credits at the District’s high school, including any required credit courses for graduation.
3. Submitted the program of studies for each semester for review and approval by the building administrator and the Director of Secondary Education.
4. Accepted that he/she will continue to be ranked with his/her graduating class with courses counting with the same weight as Advanced Placement courses.
5. Reviews all other guidelines located in Board Policy 217. Students are responsible for tuition costs; reduced tuition is available for WSSD students, per Board Policy 912. Additionally, the student shall be responsible for transportation, books, and incidental expenses. Continuation in the program is dependent upon satisfactory achievement in the program and at the respective high school.
Dual Enrollment Grade Conversion
College Grade High School Equivalent (Transcript)