February 11, 2020
Good afternoon Lower Allen families,
Today we learned two members of our school community are positive for COVID-19. Following recommendations by the Pennsylvania Department of Health and Pennsylvania Department of Education
, Lower Allen Elementary will be closed for in-person instruction effective tomorrow, Friday, February 12, 2021. And, unless circumstances change and you are notified otherwise, will reopen for in person instruction on Tuesday, February 16, 2021.
Due to our current learning schedule and planned day off on Monday, the closure will primarily impact students in our Special Education classes who typically come to school on Fridays. Students in those classes will work from home tomorrow.
What happens now:
- All students and staff will work from home and follow a modified Distance Learning 2.0 schedule on Friday, February 12, during the planned early dismissal. Teachers will provide additional details for families via Seesaw.
- As scheduled, there will be no classes for students on Monday, February 15.
- Close contacts were identified and notified by phone earlier today. Close contacts may also be contacted by the Pennsylvania Department of Health (PA DOH).
- Individuals who are positive and close contacts will work remotely. The District website provides additional information and guidance for families whose child is quarantined: https://www.wssd.k12.pa.us/QuarantineFAQ.aspx
- Classrooms and any affected areas will undergo any additional required sanitation and cleaning in accordance with CDC, PDE, and PA DOH guidance.
What you can do:
For your reference, the District has established a COVID-19 Tracker to share data on active cases, quarantine numbers, and total cases impacting our District. The tracker may be viewed at: https://www.wssd.k12.pa.us/COVID19Tracker.aspx
Please don’t hesitate to email us directly or call the school (717-761-8415) if you would like to discuss any concerns you have regarding this information.
Todd Stoltz, Superintendent
Amanda Lerew, Principal