February 9, 2021
Good afternoon Cedar Cliff family,
Late this afternoon we learned a member of the Cedar Cliff High School community has tested positive for COVID-19. The individual was last in school Wednesday, February 3, 2021. Individuals identified as close contacts are being notified by phone. Close contacts may also be contacted by the Pennsylvania Department of Health (PA DOH).
For your reference, the District has established a COVID-19 Tracker to share data on active cases, quarantine numbers, and total cases impacting our District. The tracker may be viewed at: https://www.wssd.k12.pa.us/COVID19Tracker.aspx
What happens now:
- Unless in quarantine or isolation, students and staff should continue to report to school on their assigned days.
- Classrooms and affected areas will undergo any additional required sanitation and cleaning in accordance with CDC, PDE, and PA DOH guidance.
- The individual who tested positive and close contacts will work remotely. The District website provides additional information and guidance for families with a child in quarantine: https://www.wssd.k12.pa.us/QuarantineFAQ.aspx
What you can do:
- The CDC recommends you closely monitor your child for possible symptoms for the next 2 to 14 days. The CDC’s website provides a complete listing of COVID-19 symptoms and a self-checker.
- If anyone in your household begins to exhibit symptoms, seek medical attention from a health-care provider and notify the school.
- Practice safety measures in and out of school, and continue to be mindful of time spent interacting with others and at what distance. The CDC’s website provides recommendations for protecting yourself and others from the virus.
Please don’t hesitate to email me directly or call the school if you would like to discuss any concerns you have regarding this information.
Kevin Fillgrove, Principal
Cedar Cliff High School