January 11, 2020
Good afternoon Allen Middle School families,
Today we learned a member of our school community is presumed positive and another is confirmed positive for COVID-19.
What happens now:
- During the closure, students will continue to follow the hybrid rotation. On the days when students would have come to school for in person learning, those students will zoom with their teachers following the standard Distance Learning 2.0 schedule. The students in the opposite cohort will continue to work independently on assignments posted to Schoology on the days when they were to be at home.
- All students and staff will follow a modified Distance Learning 2.0 schedule on Friday, January 15, during the previously scheduled early dismissal.
- There will be no classes for students on Monday, January 18.
- Parents of students identified as close contacts were notified by phone earlier today. Close contacts may also be contacted by the Pennsylvania Department of Health (PA DOH).
- Individuals who are presumed positive/tested positive and those identified as close contacts will quarantine/isolate as per PA DOH guidance and may participate in their coursework if they are feeling well enough to do so.
- Classrooms and any affected areas will undergo any additional required sanitation and cleaning in accordance with CDC, PDE, and PA DOH guidance.
What you can do:
For your reference, the District has established a COVID-19 Tracker to share data on active cases, quarantine numbers, and total cases impacting our District. The tracker may be viewed at: https://www.wssd.k12.pa.us/COVID19Tracker.aspx
Please don’t hesitate to email us directly or call the school if you would like to discuss any concerns you have regarding this information.
Todd Stoltz, Superintendent
Brian Granger, Principal
Allen Middle School