January 11, 2020
Good afternoon Red Land families,
Due to multiple factors, including continued community spread, the number of positive cases affecting our school community, the number of students and staff required to quarantine as a result of those cases, and PA DOH and PDE guidance, Red Land High School will be closed for in-person instruction effective tomorrow, Tuesday, January 12, 2021. And, unless circumstances change and you are notified otherwise, Red Land will reopen for in person instruction on Tuesday, January 19, 2021.
What happens now:
- During the closure, students will continue to follow the hybrid rotation. On the days when students would have come to school for in person learning, those students will zoom with their teachers following the standard Distance Learning 2.0 schedule. The students in the opposite cohort will continue to work independently on assignments posted to Schoology on the days when they were to be at home.
- Students in our low incidence classes who typically report in person on Fridays will receive additional details about their remote schedule for the closure directly from their teachers.
- CPAVTS students will not attend vo-tech during the closure. Students should follow the plans provided by CPAVTS.
- All students and staff will follow a modified Distance Learning 2.0 schedule on Friday, January 15, during the previously scheduled early dismissal.
- There will be no classes for students on Monday, January 18.
- Individuals who are presumed positive/tested positive and those identified as close contacts will quarantine/isolate as per PA DOH guidance and may participate in their coursework if they are feeling well enough to do so.
- Classrooms and any affected areas will undergo any additional required sanitation and cleaning in accordance with CDC, PDE, and PA DOH guidance.
What you can do:
For your reference, the District has established a COVID-19 Tracker to share data on active cases, quarantine numbers, and total cases impacting our District. The tracker may be viewed at: https://www.wssd.k12.pa.us/COVID19Tracker.aspx
Please don’t hesitate to email us directly or call the school if you would like to discuss any concerns you have regarding this information.
Todd Stoltz, Superintendent
Melissa Herbert, Principal
Red Land High School