January 13, 2020
Good afternoon Fishing Creek families,
Today we learned another member of our school community has tested positive for COVID-19.
What happens now:
- During the closure, students will work remotely and follow their Distance Learning 2.0 schedule. Additional details will be shared with you from your child’s teachers via Seesaw.
- All students and staff will follow a modified Distance Learning 2.0 schedule on Friday, January 15, during the planned early dismissal.
- There will be no classes for students on Monday, January 18.
- The individual who tested positive, close contacts, and all members of the impacted class will work remotely until Wednesday, January 27.
- Parents of students identified as close contacts were notified by phone earlier today. Close contacts may also be contacted by the Pennsylvania Department of Health (PA DOH). The District website provides additional information and guidance for families whose child is quarantined: https://www.wssd.k12.pa.us/QuarantineFAQ.aspx
- Classrooms and any affected areas will undergo any additional required sanitation and cleaning in accordance with CDC, PDE, and PA DOH guidance.
What you can do:
For your reference, the District has established a COVID-19 Tracker to share data on active cases, quarantine numbers, and total cases impacting our District. The tracker may be viewed at: https://www.wssd.k12.pa.us/COVID19Tracker.aspx
Please don’t hesitate to email us directly or call the school if you would like to discuss any concerns you have regarding this information.
Todd Stoltz, Superintendent
Lisa Crum, Principal
Fishing Creek Elementary School