March 25, 2021
Good evening Rossmoyne and Lower Allen families and staff,
I hope you have noticed the daily progress being made on the new school and are as excited as we are about moving into our new home. I am delighted to inform you of our tentative move-in date, Monday, April 12, 2021! As is the case with any construction project, there is still a chance that circumstances could delay the opening, so it is a tentative date at this time.
Assuming all goes as planned, third, fourth, and fifth grade students will report to the new building on Monday, April 12. Because the building and overall project will not be complete until after the school year ends, students at Lower Allen Elementary School will finish the year at Lower Allen. Those students can look forward to starting next school year in the new building.
As mentioned above, the reason we are not able to bring students from Lower Allen into the new space just yet, is that construction will continue at the site. There are parts of the new building that will require finishing, and the primary remaining work will include demolition of the old building and site work, such as traffic loops, earth grading, grass planting, etc.
You have been very patient and understanding throughout the project, and I ask for just a bit more as we push closer to the finish line. Below, I have included some important information related to our transition to the new building.
Remote Learning for Rossmoyne Students – April 8 and April 9, 2021
In order for teachers and maintenance staff to move the last of our belongings into their new spaces, Rossmoyne students will work from home asynchronously on Thursday, April 8 and Friday, April 9. Teachers will hold morning meetings from 8:30-9 a.m. to ensure students are set up for a successful day and to take attendance. More details will be shared with you by your child's teachers via Seesaw.
Drop-off and Pick-up Procedures – Effective April 12, 2021
Due to the construction and our concern for our children’s safety, Rossmoyne parents are asked to follow these procedures until further notice. A campus map is attached to this email to assist you in visualizing the new traffic patterns. The District will also post signs and assign staff members to help you find the entrance and drop off areas.
- Use the new Manor Drive loop to drop-off and pick-up your child at the main entrance. All children will enter and exit the main entrance.
- Remain in a single line of traffic as you travel around the school.
- Stay in your vehicle.
- Pull as far forward as you can before letting your child out of the car.
- After-school, remain in your vehicle and be prepared to give one of our staff members your child’s name and grade. Patience will be key as we unite children with their parents at dismissal.
Additional Information Regarding Rossmoyne
- District buses and vans are the only vehicles permitted to use Rossmoyne Road to bring students to and from school.
- Limited parking is available on Manor Drive for visitors and parents who need to escort their child to or from the main entrance.
- Staff will be stationed at various locations to assist families and children in finding their way around our new school and new procedures.
- These entrance and drop off procedures are temporary and will change next school year.
If you have ever moved homes, you know how bitter sweet leaving a place you have created memories and shared milestones can be, and it is with some sadness that we plan to say farewell to our current school. To assist our children with the transition, the staff and I have some fun activities planned to commemorate the opening of our new school. I look forward to sharing more details about our plans with you in the coming weeks.
On behalf of the District, thank you for your patience and cooperation. As always, I am available by phone or email if you have any questions.
Amanda Lerew, Principal
Lower Allen and Rossmoyne Elementary Schools