Calling all Future Chefs! We’re thrilled to announce the theme of our fifth annual Sodexo Future Chefs Culinary Competition…Your Favorite School Lunch Meal – Reimagined!
The idea behind this event is to help educate students about healthy eating and developing healthy food habits at home and at school. That’s why Sodexo is looking for healthy recipes students will want to eat! Each entry will be judged on originality, taste, healthy attributes, kid appeal, ease of preparation, plate presentation, and presentation to judges. Additionally, student can earn up to 3 bonus points for using one or more of the following ingredients: Fish, Leafy Greens, and/or Sweet Potatoes.
At least one lucky winner from each school will be chosen as a finalist to compete in a Cook-Off at Allen Middle School on Thursday, March 26. As an added bonus, the winner of this event will be entered into a national competition for some great prizes!
Download an entry form below. Deadline is Monday, February 3, 2020.
One entry per student please. Students must be in grades 1-5 to enter.
If you have any questions about the Future Chefs contest, please Chef Adam Eyer at [email protected]
Tips to be a Finalist in this Year's Culinary Competition
- Be original - You don’t have to be like everyone else. Consider putting a new twist on your favorite school lunch meal.
- Be creative - A student once submitted a recipe for “dill cookies!” Sounds terrible, but they were actually great! Don’t TRY to be to weird, but we love to see recipes that are different!
- Be daring - Don’t play it safe with easy recipes.
- Be resourceful - Students can use recipes from cookbooks, the internet, etc. and then alter them to make them their own!
- Be healthy - Avoid recipes with a lot of sugar or fat in them and don't forget, you can earn up to 3 bonus points for incorporating fish, leafy greens, and/or sweet potatoes.