We are seeking the help of our talented students to help us design the District's official 2019 holiday card.
Category #1 - Art
- Art should be appropriate to share with our diverse community, a community which celebrates a variety of holidays.
- Art must be original and not include copyrighted images.
- Art should be no larger than 8.5 x 11 inches (standard letter size).
- Students may use watercolors, colored paper, magic markers, crayons, computer graphics, photography, or any combination.
- Art should not include text as part of the design as it, and the District logo, will be added to the final card design by the District.
- Only one original artwork creation may be entered per student.
- Winning art entry will be recognized at the December School Board Meeting and receive a $50 gift card to the location of their choice.
Category #2 - Verse
- Verse should be appropriate to share with our diverse community, a community which celebrates a variety of holidays.
- Submissions will be judged on originality, grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Verse should be no more than 150 words in length. Submissions that do not meet this requirement, or that exceed it, may be disqualified.
- Submissions should be typed or neatly handwritten.
- Only one original verse may be entered per student.
- Winning verse entry will be recognized at the December School Board Meeting and receive a $50 gift card to the location of their choice.
- The contest is open to all current West Shore School District and CAOLA students in grades K-12.
- Students may choose to enter one or both categories. Students who do choose to enter both categories should submit each entry separately. The verse must not appear on the art.
- Submissions must be properly labeled with the name of the student, the student’s grade, and school. This can be done on the back of the artwork.
- Entry constitutes permission to have the student’s work used by the District and reproduced.
In addition to appearing on the District holiday card which is sent to staff members, local businesses, school board members, and other organizations throughout the area, the winning entries will be posted on our website and social media pages.
All submissions must be received by Tuesday, December 3, 2019, at 4:30 p.m. For your convenience, they may be turned in to any school office or the Administration Center.
Please feel free to contact Mrs. Rhonda Fourhman, Coordinator of Community Relations, at [email protected]
or 717-938-9577, with any questions.