January 10, 2022
Good afternoon Crossroads families,
Due to the number of active COVID-19 cases at Crossroads Middle School, masks will be temporarily required for students and staff effective Tuesday, January 11, 2022.
What happens now:
- Masks will be required during the school day.
- Mask breaks will be provided when students are outdoors, engaged in physical activity, and while eating.
- Masks will not be required for events or activities occurring outside normal school hours.
- Masks will continue to be required when riding school transportation, as per the CDC Order for public transportation.
- Existing mask exemptions will be honored.
- Refusal to wear a mask will result in a student being sent home.
What happens next:
District administration will continue to monitor COVID cases during the next 10 calendar days. If the 14-day active COVID case count remains at, or above, the masking threshold on January 21, masks will be required for an additional 5 calendar days. After those 5 days, cases will be reevaluated again. With each subsequent reevaluation the potential exists for an additional 5 days of masking.
Families will continue to receive email updates on the status of this mitigation effort. Additionally, the District's COVID-19 Tracker provides data on active cases, quarantine numbers, and current masking requirements. As indicated on the tracker, masks are only required at those schools which have reached the masking threshold established by the District. The tracker is updated daily and may be viewed at:
Thank you in advance for your partnership and support. Please don’t hesitate to email me directly or to call the school if you have concerns regarding this information.
Tracy Dominick, Principal
Crossroads Middle School