All West Shore students are invited to enter their original artwork and/or writing for a chance to be featured on the District’s official 2023 holiday card. Contest entries will be accepted until 4 p.m. on Tuesday, November 28, 2023.
In addition to appearing on the District holiday card, which will be shared digitally and in print with members of our school community, winners will receive a $50 gift card to the location of their choice, a set of printed cards, and be formally recognized by the School Board at its December 14, meeting.
We are seeking art and verse entries around the following themes:
- Season’s Greetings/Happy Holidays
- Winter Fun
- Snow Scenes
Art Category Specifications
- Art should be no larger than 8.5 x 11 inches (standard letter size).
- Art must be colorful, original and not include copyrighted images, stock images or AI artwork.
- Art should not include any text or words.
- Drawings, digital art, and photography accepted.
- Only one original art entry per student.
Verse Category Specifications
- Verse should be no more than 150 words in length.
- Verse submissions will be judged on originality, grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Only one original verse entry per student.
Who May Enter
- Open to all current West Shore School District students in grades K-12.
- Students may submit one art entry and one verse entry, but they do not have to submit entries for both categories.
How to Enter
- Entries will be accepted until Tuesday, November 28, 2023, at 4 p.m.
- All submissions should include the student’s full name, grade, and school.
- Hard copy/paper submissions may be turned in to any school office or dropped off at the Administration Center to the Attention of Mrs. Fourhman.
- Digital submissions may be sent to [email protected]. You will receive a confirmation email message acknowledging receipt of your entry.
- If submitting a photograph of a physical piece of art, please make sure the photo is not blurry and that the entire work is centered within the frame. In order to ensure a quality photo, please turn off your camera’s flash and avoid shadows on your work. Submit the original file size in the highest resolution possible.
- Entry constitutes permission to have the work used by the District and reproduced with credit given to the student.
Winners will be notified no later than Friday, December 8. If you have any questions, please email Rhonda Fourhman at [email protected]