Stay on the Green
Each student has a set of three cards colored green, yellow and red. All students begin the day on green. If a student is not responding to teacher directions or is displaying an undesirable behavior, they turn their card to yellow. This constitutes a warning. If undesirable behavior continues, the card is turned to red and the student loses five minutes of recess time.
Students are able to earn dollars throughout the day. Students earn dollars by displaying excellent behavior and by completing their homework and classwork. At the end of each day, we will hold a class reward store. During this time, students are given the opportunity to buy an item using their earned dollars.
Every student has a black binder. Please look in this binder every day after school to check for important information.
The binder includes:
1. A zipper pouch to hold a word card ring throughout the year.
2. A homework planner follows with zipper pouch. Their homework assignments and important information (spirit days, field trips, etc.) will be written in the planner.
3. Daily Performance Reports will help to keep you informed of your child’s performance in the areas of homework, class work, and behavior. Please review this form with your child and sign it every night.
4. Paper for written communication between home and school.
5. Take-home folder for homework and other important papers. Completed homework should be placed back in the take-home folder so it can be easily checked at school the next day.