The New Hunt by Cindy O'Hora
The answers to this hunt are never the same. This exercise provides students with experience using various entry
and query tools available on the Internet.
Directions: Use the links provided to find the resources to develop answers to the questions. If you don't find your answer, Google it.
1. What kind of local precipitation can you expect today? Google weather for the answer.
2. What is the top news story at CNN - Technology?
3. Give your favorite History fact related to today.
4. What is the most important thing the President will be doing today or this week? Use your searching skills to find the answer.
5. World Holidays Select a holiday celebrated today somewhere in the world. (Not one in your country.)
A) What Holiday did you choose?
B) Write the continent on which the celebration takes place.
6. Select a Quote for the Day. .
A) What is your qute?
B) Why did you choose that particular quotation?
7. What is the big news on your state or towns' web site? Use a search engine to discover the answer.
8. Which science discovery do you find most exciting? Explain your choice.
9. How does the top news story at CNN Student News relate to you or your community?
10. Watch a podcast at Exploratorium's Explo.TV.
A) Write the title:
B) How does the subject relate to your life?
11. Write a sentence describing the photo at Photo of the Day
12. Use the Word of the Day in a sentence.
13. Consider the Newest Inventions. How could it be used or modified to be helpful to your family?
14. What does the Thought of the Day mean?
"An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know.
It's being able to differentiate between what you do know and what you don't." Anatole France