This year our main focus will be on Geography & Pennsylvania History.
The topics for Social Studies include:
- Regions of the United States
- States and Capitals
- Location, Physical Features and Regions of PA
- Natural Resources of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Today & the Future
- Early People of Pennsylvania
- William Penn States the Colony of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Begins Its Industries
- The Industrial Giant Arrives in Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania During the 20th Century
- Our National, State and Local Governments
We will ask the students to complete 3 projects over the course of the year. The guidelines and directions are at the bottom of the page and will be provided in class.
In May, we are looking forward to our field trip to.... WASHINGTON D.C., where students will be able to view our nation's history and take a deeper look into concepts we learned about.