Summer Review Ideas for Students
• Read at least 15 minutes a day. Students should be working on their summer reading activity daily throughout the summer so that they are prepared for the fall.
• Do the crossword or Sudoku puzzle from the daily paper!
• As you do your back to school shopping, estimate the bill as you select items- good math practice!!! :)
• If you are planning a trip, write out the directions for the trip and estimate the distance you will travel using the map key. In addition, estimate the expenses for the trip (i.e. price of gas using current gas prices and mileage) and keep a journal recording the expenses throughout the trip. Finally, practice your writing skills by keeping a daily journal of the places you visit.
• Keep a journal of your summer- write at least one 8 sentence paragraph per day describing an event that occurred each day. Use descriptive words and correct grammar and spelling (no text talk!!!).
Below are some links for online practice to keep your skills sharpened for the upcoming school year!!