Photo Credit: Giselle Gonzalez, Red Land junior
How to Access Library eBooks
Click on Library Resources, then Red Land Library Catalog
- Click on the “login” button in the upper right hand corner.
- Log in using your PowerSchool ID and password. Teachers use your network sign-in.
- While on the Catalog tab, click on the FollettShelf button on the far left to see all of the ebooks. You can also search the regular online catalog with ebooks as a keyword and add your own words to look for a specific title or subject.
- Now you can view the eBooks.
- Click on a book in order to browse through the contents. You can also add notes, highlighting, and search the content. Some books may read to you, you will be able to select the “read” button in the very bottom left-hand corner of the page.
- If you decide to check the book out, click on the i. Click “check out”. You will have the book for two weeks. After two weeks, the book will automatically be returned. We have unlimited use with some of the titles. These will not give you a “check out” option and you should be able to see the entire book by clicking on the “Read It” button.
- If you finish early with a two week book, it would be courteous to return the book so others may use it. In order to do so, click on the picture of the bookbag. Click on the arrow and then decide to return the book early.
- Please email Mrs. Metcalfe with any questions: email@example.com
Books for two weeks
eBooks for 2 weeks or unlimited
Reference books for overnight use*
Back issues of periodicals for two weeks
DVDs for one week
*Overnight use items must be approved by the library staff and returned to the library by 7:37 the next morning, or a late fee applies (50 cents per school day).
Students should always bring their I.D. card to sign out materials.
The Red Land library is a technology-oriented research library that is geared toward preparing our students to use information in today's global community. The library databases can also be used from home with Internet access. See a librarian for user names and passwords.
Doing some Research?
Consider these Resources.
- Red Land Library Catalog is for locating books, ebooks, and non-print resources in the Red Land High School Library.
- ProQuest has national and international newspapers, some PA papers, magazines and scholarly journals. Most resources are full-text.
- eLibrary contains newspapers, books, magazines, TV and radio transcripts, maps, and photographs. All entries are full-text.
- Gale Group Resources
- Research in Context covers topics in literature, history (U.S. and world), biography, and science
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context is a rich database for social issue topics including viewpoint articles, topic overviews, statistics, primary documents and full-text magazine and newspaper articles.
- U.S. History Resource in Context covers the U. S. from pre-Colonial to the present with articles and primary resources.
- Power Library offers EBSCOhost Full Text periodical resources, AP Images, Contemporary Authors, SIRS Discoverer, GreenFILE, Consumer Health Complete, and the PA statewide library catalog.
- CultureGrams contains information about countries, states, famous people, photos and recipes.
- Salem Health has information about disorders, diseases, causes, symptoms, treatments, procedures, specialties, anatomy, and biology including sidebars addressing recent developments in medicine and prescription medicines.
- Internet is packed with resources good, bad and interesting! Pick out a search engine, create a specific search, and evaluate the information. Also, check out the library "Sites for Classes" subject links!
Click on the links below to access our library databases at home. Please obtain a list of Passwords & User ID's from the library that will be required to enter each site
» Choices Planner
A career, scholarship and college information resource.
CultureGrams contains information about countries, states, famous people, flags, photos and recipes.
» eLibrary & ProQuest
eLibrary contains newspapers, books, magazines, TV and radio transcripts, maps, and photographs.
ProQuest has national and international newspapers, including some PA papers, and scholarly journals.
» Gale Group Resources
Research in Context covers topics in literature, history, biography, science and social studies.
Opposing Viewpoints in Context is a rich database for social issue topics including viewpoint articles, topic overviews, statistics, primary documents and full-text magazine and newspaper articles.
U.S. History In Context covers the U.S. from pre-Colonial to the present with articles and primary resources.
» POWER LIBRARY for YORK COUNTY library card holders
Click RESOURCES in the gray bar, then the POWER LIBRARY icon on the right side of the page. Type the barcode number on your public library card.
» POWER LIBRARY for CUMBERLAND COUNTY library card holders
Click on DO RESEARCH, then POWER LIBRARY. Type the barcode number on your public library card.
» Red Land Library Catalog
Locate books, ebooks, and other resources in the Red Land High School Library, as well as all WSSD libraries. WebPath Express is a subject guide to web sites.
» Salem Health
Contains information about diseases, disorders, causes, symptoms, treatments, procedures, specialties, and anatomy. Includes genetic and inherited conditions, psychology and mental health issues, and cancer topics. Also the 1950s and 1970s in America.
» World Book
World Book Online Reference Center offers a dictionary, atlases, current events, countries, flags, primary sources, and the encyclopedia. There is also a version of the encyclopedia in Spanish.
» Orca Books Online
Over 60 full-text ebooks from Orca Publishers available to download or read online available without a password via the Red Land Library catalog. See a librarian for the user name and password to access via the web site.
All students are welcome to obtain a pass from a librarian, or the library secretary, to use the library during flex. Flex passes are written each day in the morning before the first block class.
Students may obtain a research pass from their subject teacher to use the library during their flex.
The most recent issues of magazines are available for leisure reading in the library.
Back issues are available to check out for two weeks.
Current Library Magazines:
Car & Driver
Pennsylvania Angler & Boater
Pennsylvania Fish and Game
Pennsylvania Game News
Sky and Telescope (gift Rick Fahnestock)