We are thrilled this year, for the first time to provide the opportunity for all 8th grade students to participate in the PSAT 8/9. The test will be given on Saturday, March 3, 2018.
This test is designed for students who are near or have entered high school. The test provides detailed performance feedback and early access to career exploration tools. Students will also have resources available on Khan Academy (visit khanacademy.org/sat). The test assesses the same knowledge and skills as the SAT but also includes:
- An emphasis on the meaning of words in a variety of contexts and on how word choice shapes meaning, tone, and impacts
- A focus on math that matters most, including problem solving, data analysis, algebra, and advanced math concepts.
- No penalty for guessing or blank responses- students earn points for questions answered correctly and are encouraged to give their best answer every question.
What you need to know up front:
- The cost of the test is $15.00.
- All tests are non-refundable once the order is placed. All money is due by Friday, December 15. Tests will be ordered the week of December 18, before the holiday break. We cannot order a test without full payment.
- Pre-administration will be completed in school (during mods 7 and/ or 8) prior to the March test date. This will save us time on testing day in addition give us time to double check all answer sheets are filled out correctly. Attached below is a sample of the answer sheet that we will complete in pre-administration.
- We are testing on a Saturday in order to not disrupt the normal school day, in addition it will provide students an experience of how formal SAT testing is conducted. School doors will open at 7:30 for check in and testing will begin promptly at 8:00am. Test time (including scheduled breaks) will be 2 hours 35 minutes. Once testing has begun, we cannot allow a student to enter a testing room/start late.
- Please contact your child's counselor if you have any additional questions/ concerns. Mrs. Marczyk is assigned to students whose last names beginning with A-K and Mrs. Seaux is assigned to last names beginning with L-Z. If you prefer to meet face to face, please call us at 717-774-0162 to set up a time during conferences.
Attached below is a power point with more details about the exam
Please sign up/reserve your test at (please cut and paste into browser):