- If you have a question, concern, or just want to touch base with me, DO NOT HESITATE!
- Please contact me prior to contacting an administrator if you have a question, concern, or issue.
My google voice number is 717-461-2056.
2. HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENTS:
- I will expect assignments to be turned in ON-TIME and at the time it is due.
- I COMPLETELY RESERVE THE RIGHT NOT accept late assignments, unless there is a valid reason. My decision to accept or reject a student's late assignment will be on a case-case basis.
- Homework is assigned to reinforce the content of the chapter and the classroom presentations.
- The textbook is written at a level that students should comprehend. If any student has difficulty understanding the material/finding the answers, they need to inform me immediately.
- Homework is checked mainly for completeness. It is strongly encouraged that students answer in complete sentences.
- Students need to keep EVERYTHING I return to them.
3. BONUS POINTS: (When announced by myself)
4. STUDENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- I have been known to award bonus points from time to time. This comes about in two forms: first, a pop "quiz" that rewards those students who took my advice and studied the material.
- Students need to be responsible for their education.
- Part of being responsible is to ask questions when they are unsure of something that is discussed in class.
- Students also need to be able to effectively communicate. They need to communicate with me. From the exterior I may seem gruff and unapproachable, however that is not a strategy to keep students away.
- I EXPECT THEM TO COME TO ME WITH THEIR CONCERNS IMMEDIATELY.
5. At times during the semester students are exposed to videos that I feel are relevant to the subject we are currently studying. During these times, students are expected to pay attention during the entire length of the video. Students may earn "Pay Attention" grades during these times. Students are briefed as to what paying attention looks like and it is their responsibility to meet that standard. If they do not, I see it the same as if they were skipping my class, thus they earn zero points.
- In most circumstances, I will deal directly with the student prior to involving the parent/administration.
- If you have any issue/concerns with how I disciplined your student, please contact me prior to contacting an administrator.
7. I will work hard for your child, I expect them to work hard as well.
I look forward to the school year.
Jacques W. Weedon, Jr.