The District is no longer using Edulog for field trip transportation requests. The final touches are currently being put into place to get the new system up and running. In the meantime, please hold all requests for the fall and contact Mr. Kyle Kok at email@example.com with any concerns you have. Thank you.
- No trips can be scheduled for departure from 6:30 a.m. until 8:45 a.m. and return trips must be back at the building by 2:30 p.m.
- Evening trips can be scheduled after 4:15 p.m. or a 4:30 p.m. return for an all-day event. This will ensure we can get students to and from school.
- Requests must be submitted within 7 days prior to the trip or they will automatically be denied.
Guidelines for Athletic Trips
Guidelines for Field Trips
- Fall trips are due in the system by the second week in August
- Winter trips are due in the system by second week in October
- Spring trips are due in the system by the second week of January
- Long distance trips will require the driver to stay at the event and will include an hourly charge for the length of stay.
- Two teams may travel together if there is room on the bus and the destination is the same. First Student will charge a flat rate.
- All sport changes will be done thru AD secretary.
- It would be helpful and is suggested, that teachers make all requests for transportation at the start of school in August. This allows Transportation to plan ahead.
- If it is not possible to schedule at the beginning of the year, field trip requests must be submitted 7 days in advance so principals have time to approve it and Transportation has time to assign a vehicle.
- All boxes on the request are required to be completed. Failure to do so will delay approval of the request and may result in denial.
- Under General Info please check the box if the driver is to wait (Bus Waits).
- Field trips must be scheduled outside the normal time frame of transporting students to and from school. Field trips may depart any time after 8:45 a.m. and return any time prior to 2:00 p.m. This will ensure your trip does not interrupt the normal bus schedules. Requests for field trips starting before 8:45 a.m. and returning after 2:00 p.m. will not be honored.
- Each bus can hold 54 students which is 2 to a seat.
- Requests paid for from sources outside the building’s fiscal budget must be paid before the end of the fiscal year. Checks should be made payable to: West Shore School District.